Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Feast Day of Holy Mother St. Clare!!!

"I belong to my lover, and my lover who browses among the lilies belongs to me. Set me as a seal on your arm; For stern as death is love; its flames are a blazing fire. Deep waters cannot quench love." Song of Songs 6:2; 8:6-7 - The Reading from Evening Prayer II on the Feast of St. Clare

You maybe be wondering why there is a picture of Ss. Clare and Francis on the Feast of St. Clare. This pictured is posted because it is the same image that greets you as you enter the Monastery of the St. Clare in Chesterfield, NJ - which is where Friar Santo and I went to celebrate this Franciscan Feast. Interestingly the Poor Clares we visited are dear friends of the friars and live literally 30 minutes from my parent's house in NJ and I never knew it! But now I do and I will be in big trouble with Sr. Miriam, Sr. Clare Andre and Sr. Pat if I do not visit.

Anyway today is a special day for the Poor Clares and all who are Franciscan. It is more than just another time to celebrate the gifts of the saints, but St. Clare is a follower of Francis and a model we Franciscans should also seek to imitate along with St. Francis. May she continue to be a light for the Franciscan movement and we pray that more daughters of St. Clare may enter religious life!

Happy Feast Day to all the Poor Clares and Franciscans throughout the world!
Pray for us, holy mother Clare....Help us become worthy of the promises of Christ.

No comments: