Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mount Sacred Heart School

This year I will be ministering at Mount Sacred Heart School in San Antonio. It is a grade school located across the parking lot from where I go to school at Oblate. Today I meet with Sr. Mary Hope, the Director of Religious Education and Liturgies at the School, who will be supervisor this year. As part of all the seminarians and ministry supervisors meeting the seminarian introduced their supervisor to the whole group. I found out some very interesting facts about Sr. Mary Hope. She is a member of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and originally from France where she met the sisters. Two year after being professed she was a assigned to the US and has spent most o her life in the southwest. Sister did spend about six years at one of their mission in Papua New Guinea. It is to be noted that Sr. Mary Hope is a graduate from Oblate School of Theology and graduated when women were first allowed to go to school with seminarians. Also some of the professors that taught her are teaching me now. After meeting with Sr. Mary Hope I walked over to the School for a Safe Environment workshop with the other teachers. I learned a lot and it was nice to see and meet the teachers.

I will let you know more about what I will be doing at the School within the next week after I found out.

Peace and All Good Things!

No comments: