Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some Reflection...

Yesterday marked my first Anniversary for my First Profession of Vows, July 21, 2007.  It is grace that I am still in love with the Lord, the Church, the Franciscan way of life, and the Friars that I have met.  I realized that when I was away from the common life of the friars for two weeks in the States and for two weeks in Asia - I was missing something.  I did not feel complete, yes it was fun, adventurous, memorable and I would not go back and change that. But, I have to say that I was aching to have common prayer, daily Mass, communal meals with my brothers, and sense of rhythm again.  It is good to be home!

Today is the Memorial of St. Mary Magdalene.  Here is the reading taken from Morning Prayer of the Litrugy of the Hours on this day -From the Letter of St. Paul to the Romans - "Brothers (and sisters too), I beg you through the mercy of God to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God, your spiritual worship.  Do not conform yourselves to the this age but be transformed by the renewal of the your mind, so that you may judge what is God's will, what is good, pleasing and perfect."

Just something to the reflection upon.  Personally it sounds so easy yet at times it can be difficult to live.  St. Mary Magdalene....Pray for Us!

No comments: