Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

MerryThanksAdventGivingChristmas!

You are probably wondering what MerryThanksAdventGiving Christmas means.  To be honest it sums up the experience I had of all this holidays and times in the Church during my time in Costa Rica. At the same time there were Christmas Decorations, Thanksgiving Decoration, and Advent Decorations present either at school, the friary, or FrancisCrops.

Here is a photo of the Christmas Tree that was at the FrancisCorps in November.
Below and above are photos of the Thanksgiving Day celebration that we had in the Primary School.  For the first time in 60 years they had a Thanksgiving Celebration in the Primary School for yours' truly. The teacher - one of my families in Costa Rica - wanted to celebrate this day with me.  We had salad, turkey, stuffing, vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, and dessert.  It was a Thanksgiving Luncheon to Remember Costa Rican Style. 

Here is a photo of the area outside of the 3/4 grade classrooms decorated for our Christmas Octave of Breakfasts. 

Here is a photo of Roberto (Professor of P.E.) and his wife Alejandra in their house during Advent/Christmas time.
At Mesoamérica we had a Christmas Celebration and was in charge of dessert.  Above is a Christmas Tree made from cupcakes and below is an Advent Wreath made from cupcakes.
Here is Ligia my teacher and Carmen the academic director serving the food.

The following photos are from the Christmas decorations that were present in the Chapel and Friary. I helped out in the Chapel with Fray Jorge as the mastermind, but I was the mastermind in the Friary.


No comments: