Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back from Nicaragua and baking...

Hello Everyone! Peace be with you! I hope that all is well. I had a wonderful time in Nicaragua, met some great people, saw some gorgeous churches, and ate some delicious food! I was going to post some pictures as promised, but instead I chose to make a post about a new adventure of mine. Today was the first day at baking! Over the past three weeks I have not found any gluten free bread in Costa Rica so I have begun to bake some instead. Using Pamela's Gluten Free Bread and Flour Mix I have made my first loaf of bread. Below is are pictures of the mixture I am using and my first loaf of bread - a classic white loaf with medium crust.. A second loaf is baking in the bread maker - an Italian white loaf with medium crust. I have already found out that I need to make sure that I use a TSP when the recipe says so and not a TBSP. I have been putting too much yeast in the bread and it is very dense, but you live and learn!


No comments: