Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sunday through the eyes of my camera....

Here are pictures from the day of reflection and chapter we had on Sunday! The first two are pictures of the location of our day and the view of Costa Rica from that place.

The next two pictures are of a coffee plantation. I never knew that coffee beans grew on a tree. These coffee beans will go from green to yellow and finally to red when they are ready for harvesting.

Below are pictures of mangos on a mango tree and mango that is broken open to prove it. I still like mangos though I am not supposed to eat them. I believe this is the first time I have seen a mango tree in my life.

Here are pictures of a chicken coop that the sister's have on their property. It was pretty cool to watch them during feeding time. The sister's have about 80 chickens that are separated into two rooms.

And last but not least is a picture of the friary as of Sunday. I say this because David will be going to the friary in Alajuela, CR by the end of this week and Peter will only be here until August 2.


Above are the friars that I have the pleasure of living with for the summer and for the next year. From right to left are Friars: Maury, Francisco (or Chico), Jorge, Victor, Walter, Peter, David, and Me!

No comments: