Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Life in Brooklyn!

Each summer, the student friars are assigned somewhere each summer, this summer I was assigned to Most Holy Trinity - St. Mary Parish in Brooklyn, NY.  It is happens to be the parish that Friar Santo is the Pastor.  Friar Santo was one of the three friars assigned to Catholic U's campus ministry when I was a student there.  Now I am living with him and two other friars in Brooklyn for the summer.  It has been very blessed and filled with many good experiences thus far.   Here is a picture of the NYC area friars for a belated Memorial Day Party.
Living in Brooklyn gives me the chance to visit people that I normally do not see often.  I have seen Sr. Mariae Agnus Dei (aka Rachel Yates, a soon to be novice with the Sisters of Life), Lauren Long and her boyfriend Rafael, Ross Nodurft, and Marcy Costello thus far.

Sr. Mariae Agnus Dei
Lauren and Rafael
Sr. Mariae Agnus Dei, Lauren, and Me

I did not get a picture with Ross and Marcy, but if you know who they are, just imagine a picture of the three of us together!

No comments: