Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Profession Day!!

There is so much I could say about my Novitiate Year, but this will be brief. I learned a whole lot about myself, the Church, the friars, and religious life. I grew, was challenged, was strengthened, and most of all fell in love with my vocation. On that note here are pictures from Profession Day and you can check out the video of me professing my vows in the video section of the site (thanks Nancy for filming it)!!!

First Profession of Vows
July 21, 2007
Mishawaka, IN


Me professing my vows in the hands of Fr. Michael Kolodziej, the Minister Provincial of the
St. Anthony of Padua Province.

Me and my Novitiate classmates:
Left to Right: Jacob Johnson, Nick Romeo, David Moore, Me, Francis May Mikosz

Me and my family (Nancy(26), Mama Ata, Me, Alex (16), Papa Ata) by the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Sisters Dining Room. They drove for NJ from it, gotta love them!!


Marie, Michael, Me, Ryan, and Ed - My friends from college who came to the profession. Michael, Ryan, and Ed drove from the East Coast as well, so blessed to have them there. Thank you to all those who could not make it but were praying for me!


Me, Fr. Robert (the Novitiate Director), and Sr. Marie with all of the Antioch Youth Group from the Mishawaka/South Bend area. They sang, played music, and where simply present on this special day.

Hands down there were two parts of the Profession Liturgy I loved most. First, hearing the words "if you observe them (the vows I just professed) I promise you everlasting life." - these were the words I have always wanted to hear, but did not know that until I heard them. Second, after each novice has professed their vows, received a copy of the Constitutions of the Friars, and put on a cord with three knots for the vows, there is a fraternal embrace of all the professed friars present at the liturgy.

1 comment:

OliviainBolivia said...

You look so happy! And I'm so happy for you! What a blessing to be at peace with your vocation.
Don't forget to let me know if they'll be sending you down here to Bolivia! It'd be great to see you!! God bless!