Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two New Foods: Liver and Rabbit

Living in Costa Rica I expected to eat different foods particularly when it came to fruits, but to my surprise I have come to eat different meats as well. During my first week here I ate liver (higado in Spanish) for the first time (of recent memory at least).  I ate one piece along with a lot of rice and beans with eat bite.  I have to say that I was not thrilled by it and have not craved it since then.  Today we had liver on the menu for lunch and I avoided it, the smell of the meat got to me, and I could not eat any of it.  Interestingly it is not a favorite of the friars here either.  When it came for dinner time, Fray Victor chose to make something new to eat instead of the liver.

To my surprise Fray Victor made rabbit (conejo in Spanish).  It was DELICIOUS!  The meat was juicy, tasted good, and felt light to the stomach.  I liked it so much that I went for seconds.  Fray Victor jokingly asked "How does Bugs Bunny taste?" I said, "Good, but I prefer to think that I am eating Thumper from Bambi."  He and the other friars laughed.  

Well as you can tell from the last two posts, I am FINALLY caught up to my time in Costa Rica. I hope that you enjoy it...Pura Vida!

No comments: