Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Spanish School: Mesoamérica

Since I arrived in Costa Rica, I have been studying Spanish each week at Mesoamérica: Instituto de Idiomas.  I began with taking classes every weekday from 8am-12pm.  Then when teaching began at St. Francis I started to take classes three days a week: Mondays (3pm-5pm), Wednesdays (3pm-5pm) and Fridays (1pm-5pm).  Now with my current teaching schedule, I am only able to go to classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3pm-5pm).  Here are photos of the school:

The sign outside of the school.
Peter (who was studying Spanish this past summer) outside of the gate leading to the school.
Mesoamérica from the outside!
My Classroom
The dry-erase broad which is used all the time during class.
The recreation room which I use during "recreo".
The view of the backyard of the school.
Ligia (my professor) and I!
She is a great teacher and helps the students to learn what they would like to learn.  For example, we review common prayers, the parts of the Mass, and the responses of the Mass in Spanish little by little.
Here you can see three posters made by Ligia on gender.  I am very bad at gender in Spanish and one day I said, "Can we please go over this again, because I am so confused?" And we did! As you may be able to tell they are hanging in my room and were there for two weeks as I practiced gender.
Here is a close-up of one of the posters, this one is on the Feminine gender!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usted ya habla español muy bien! T. ILE