Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School and Rite of Entry into Candidacy

Today I started another year at Oblate School of Theology. Above is the school's logo taken from their website. I began my third year of theology with an Introductory Preaching course. It will be an exciting and yet nerve wrecking course. I am looking forward to my first homily. I am also taking Liturgy and Theology of Christian Eucharist, God in Christian Tradition, Theology of Human Sexuality, and Theological Field Education. The ministry I am doing with my Theological Field Education is with Mount Sacred Heart grade school which is merely a walk across Oblate's parking lot. I will more about MSH later.

Today was also a glorious day for the Conventual Franciscan because two postulants have said "Yes" to understanding our way of life in person. Here are four pictures of the Rite of Entry into Candidacy of Charley and Jonathan. First is of Fr. Camillus blessing the Tau Cross. Second is of Charley receiving his tau cross. Third is of Jonathan receiving his tau cross. Fourth is of Charley and Jonathan together after the ceremony.

No comments: