Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Serenity Prayer...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Hello Everyone! Peace be with you! Lately I have been reflecting on the Serenity Prayer. At first it was a prayer that I did not like and it was difficult one to pray, but now I see it's beauty and it's underlining push for peace. I decided to do a Good Search about the Serenity Prayer and looked for information about the prayer and found out something interesting. First that the prayer was written by Reinhold Niebuhr an American Protestant theologian in 1943. Second - the interesting fact - that the prayer as we know it is actually an abbreviated form and the entire prayer reads as follows:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.
Amen
.

May this addition to the Serenity Prayer give you more fruit for your thought and spiritual life!

No comments: