Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

Peace be with you! Well after living in San Antonio and in Jamaica I prayed and prayed for rain. While on vacation in NJ and over the past two days in Syracuse those prayers have been answered; oh how I wish that I could funnel that rain to San Antonio or Jamaica. Maybe in the future this could be possible.

Like most things rain can be a blessing and a curse. It can be a blessing because it can grant farmers and their crops with abundant produce to feed countless people. Yet rain can also be a curse because it can be dangerous to drive with and devastating to the homeless and poor. Today I saw that curse or the inconvenience while serving dinner at the food pantry. Some of those we minister to came in drenched head to toe with rain. I wish I could have done something to help them. Hopefully a smile and a warm hello helped them to have a not so dreary day.

God Bless and Stay Dry!

No comments: