Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ode to the Food Pantry Part 1

A Picture of my Morning Breakfast
It has been over 24 hours since my last day at the pantry and I am still processing my experience. Who knows I may be assigned there some time in the future!?!? I loved working at the pantry! I liked it first and foremost because it gives people a basic need: food. The Food Pantry provides two basic services: sandwiches and food pantry bags or boxes. For sandwiches we give out one sandwich and one sweet in a paper bag. We give two sandwiches to an adult and one sandwich to children. Sandwiches are given out for lunch between 11-1pm and for dunner between 4-5pm to anyone who is hungry - no questions asked. Here are pictures of the sandwich process:Nancy and Betty Bagging Sweets
Nick and Alex Making Sandwiches
The Sandwiches Boxed in the Cooler Ready to be Served
For the food pantry bags or boxes we pack them with food enough for 3-4 days. We make two types of bags for 1 person or 2 people and the box is for 3 or more people. Each bag or box has peanut butter, jelly, cereal, rice, mac and cheese, tuna, vegetables, fruit, pasta, sauce, and soup. Depending on how many people will be fed effects how many of each product is packaged. Food Pantry is given to anyone within our pantry limits. Here are pictures of the food pantry process:
The Pantry Items for Six One-Person BagsBob and Phil Making Pantry BoxesOur Remembrance of Erna the Food Pantry Bag Queen - +May She Rest In Peace+

No comments: