Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday Church Visits

On Sunday I woke up and found out that the night before when my Uncle Hadi and I came home from dinner with Taunt Sonia and her son Patrick, I actually left both the house and my car keys on the outside of the front door. On top of that I locked front door from the inside of the house and when my cousins came home early Sunday morning they found the keys in the door. After apologizing for my stupid mistake to my Uncle Adel I went to church at St. Bonaventure's for 8:30am Mass. This is the same Church that Reto had his Solemn Vows of Profession and it was founded and built in 1959 by the friars. Below are pictures of the outside of the church, the church sign, and inside of the church.
After Mass I then when to Grace Chapel to visit my cousin Amira and to worship with her. Interestingly Grace Chapel is currently worshiping in the basement of the Holiday Inn. This Baptist rooted congregation is a break off of another church that is Presbyterian rooted. My cousin is part of the music ministry from this community. Prior to Sunday I never knew she played the piano or the keyboard. Below are pictures of the outside of the church, the church logo, and inside of the church.Lastly here are two pictures of my cousin Amira: one of her playing the keyboard and one of the two of us. To be honest Amira is not my blood cousin but only cousin by name, I just wanted to clarify.

No comments: