Peace be with you!

My name is Nader Ata. I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar of the Our Lady of Angels Province, USA. I am a transitional deacon preparing for Priesthood Ordination in the fall.

Seeking to live with Franciscan Joy each and every day!

*All of photos on this blog were taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask permission before using them. Thank You!*

*Also I am not the greatest speller or writer in the world, so please let me know if something is misspelled. Thank you!"

Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Semana Franciscana 3 of 5

Later that day after the Blessing of the Animals the primary school had there first ever Public Speaking Contest in English.  This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to the teachers and the students who participated, this was history in the making.  Below are photos from the event.
Our Sign
The Decorations
The Participants
Our Moderator - Ana Catalina
The Students Listening to the Speeches
A photo of me giving the closing remarks, I was so nervous!

Then on Thursday, September 30th, the Primary School had the Spanish Public Speaking Contest. Now I have to say that I did not take any photos of the this event not because I am not in the Spanish Department but because my camera memory was full and the battery had run out.  Sorry!

On Friday, October 1st, the Primary School had their infamous Festival de Talentos aka Talent show. Even though there were was only a select group that performed in front of the whole school, we used up 5 lessons and a little over 2 hours of class time; and on top of that we did not hear who one!  The kids did a great job and think Shakira needs to pay the kids for dancing/singing to "Waka Waka" 5 different times throughout the show. Here are photos from this event.
The Sign
The Decorations
Doña Rosaria speaking with the participants behind her, as you can see there are a lot of them
Our illustrious judges
A photo taken during one of the performances, I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments: